The long followed tradition of addressing the nation from top of the historic Lal Kila was followed this year as well. On the occasion of India’s 72nd Independence Day, our Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the nation for the fifth and final time in his current prime ministerial term. Before the speech, he visited Rajghat for paying homage to Father of the nation- Mahatma Gandhi. Thereafter he hoisted the flag at Red Fort which was followed by the National Anthem. He then bowed to all the men and women who have sacrificed their lives for the nation. His speech at 72nd Independence Day consisted of many domains and is believed to be the preliminary preparations of the election scheduled in 2019. He took this opportunity to acquaint the country about the achievements of NDA government in last four years which includes Swacch Bharat Campaign, PMFBY, Goods and Services Tax (GST), Demonetisation etc.
1. He declared that India would launch long-awaited manned space mission by 2022, as the space agency ISRO has been preparing for this for a long time now. By 2022, India will become 4th country to send the human on space:
“A son or daughter of India will go to space with an Indian flag in their hand”.
2. The next big declaration was about the rollout of the world’s largest government-funded health-care program — the Ayushman Bharat, around 50 Crore people will get benefit out of it.
3. He also mentioned that the recently concluded Parliament session was devoted to Social justice in India. Be it the atrocities against Women or crime against the backward classes “The rule of law is supreme and no one can take it into their hands”.
4. India has improved its standing in the world today. The power of the Indian passport has increased “Today when any Indian goes anywhere, all countries of the world welcome them” he said.
5. He also promised that a law against Triple Talaq would be in effect soon and AFSPA would also be removed from the North-East region.