How to Check Aadhar Card Status by Name? Getting Full Information about [ Aadhar Card Status By Name ] This is a simple process and can be followed by anyone, you are required to enter your registered Name, E-mail ID, Mobile Number, Security Code. Click on send OTP which comes on your registered mobile number. On entering the OTP you will get Aadhar Card Status by Name
Aadhar Card has been declared constitutionally valid by Supreme Court. It is mandatory as a proof of residence for Indians but doesnot serve as a proof of citizenship
In this article, we’ll describe the importance of Aadhar Card, its basics and how to check the Aadhar card status by name
What is Aadhar Card?
Before getting into how to check Aadhar card status by Name, it is essential to know what is Aadhar Card? The world’s major biometric system, Aadhaar, is acknowledged to be “the most sophisticated ID programme in the world”. It is a unique 12 digit identity number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) on behalf of the Government of India to residents of India. It contains the biometric data and demographic data of the cardholder. Aadhaar ID is a mandatory requirement for many government-run programs for e.g. linking PAN card for ITR filing, availing government subsidies to name a few.
What does Aadhar Card contain?
Aadhar card contains biometric information and personal demographic data stored in a centralized database server in India. The information which is captured at the time of registering is as below
- Ten fingerprints
- Two Iris Scans
- Date of Birth
- Photo, and
- Sex Details (Gender)
Aadhar Card Status by Name
If you lose your card, you can now quickly get details by using your name. Following steps are listed out in detail
Pre-Requisites to checking “Aadhar Card Status by Name”. If you have lost your Aadhaar card and do not have Aadhaar Number handy with you, then you can follow the below steps to retrieve the Aadhaar Number
- Go to the official website of UIDAI
- On the left side of the window, there is a section by the name “Retrieve your Lost EID/UID”
- Select the appropriate option “Aadhaar Number (UID)” or “Enrolment Number (EID)”, under “You want to retrieve your lost” portion
- In the Personal Details section, fill all the fields marked with Red Asterisk(*).
- Enter your Full Name (as registered in your Aadhaar), Email and Mobile registered at the time of capturing demographic details
- Enter the security code/captcha as displayed in the grey box
- Click on “Send OTP” button
- You will receive One-Time Password (OTP) your mobile and/or email address
- Enter OTP in the appropriate box and then click on “Verify OTP”
- Once the OTP is verified by the system, you will receive SMS for either Aadhaar Number (UID) or Enrolment Number (EID) as per your selection in Step 3
How can you find Aadhar Card Status by Name?
- Click on the UIDAI website
- In the section Aadhaar Online Services, beneath Aadhaar Enrolment, click on download Aadhaar option
- In a new window, a screen opens up which enables you to Download E-Aadhaar by using your Aadhaar, EID or VID
- Enter details as per registered information in the mandatory fields marked with a red Asterisk (*)
- You can download Aadhaar Card if you have either 12 digit Aadhaar ID or 16 digits Virtual ID number or a 14 digit ENO and 14 digit Date-Time stamp printed on the acknowledgment Enrolment Slip
- If you want you can go for download of Regular Aadhaar also. Masked Aadhaar is selected by default
- Fill the form with your personal details like Name, Pin code and security code used at the time of registration
- Click on the blue button “Request OTP” if you do not have TOTP
- A window popup to ask you to confirm the last four digits of your mobile number
- You will receive a One-time password (OTP) on your Registered Mobile Number
- Enter the OTP received
- Click on ‘Download Aadhaar’ option
- Password protected e-Aadhaar is generated
- To open the file, refer to Important Note window which briefs out how to open the password protected file
- The Aadhaar letter password is of 8 characters only with the combination of the first four characters of your name you registered during enrolling/update of Aadhaar in CAPITAL letters only and year of birth in YYYY format
Exciting things about Aadhar which you must know:
Aadhaar card is created to get citizen’s biometric and demographic details, store their identity data into a centralized database. Aadhar works as an identity proof throughout the country, please read more to Check Aadhar Card Status by Name
Aadhaar card is valid for people of all the age groups irrespective of their gender. No family can have a standard card, each person must have their own unique Aadhaar card.
A person can have only one Aadhaar card number, and it is valid for a lifetime, that is there is no need of getting it renewed anytime.
Recent verdicts on Aadhaar Card:
In September, a Constitution Bench led by Chief Justice Dipak Misra and comprising of Justices A K Sikri, AM Khanwilkar, D Y Chandrachud, and Ashok Bhushan had passed the verdict on few petitions challenging the constitutional validity of Aadhaar and its enabling Act.
Here are the critical points of the verdicts:
- You don’t need to link the bank account with Aadhaar anymore
- Private companies cannot ask for Aadhaar details of customers anymore
- You no longer need to produce Aadhaar details to procure SIM cards
- Students no longer need Aadhaar number to enroll in school/university, enrollment in exams of NEET, CBSE, and UGC
- The court has ordered that Aadhar will not be issued to illegal migrants and that the central government must introduce a strong data protection law as soon as possible
- Linking Aadhar to PAN card is mandatory
Was this information useful to you?
Let us know in the comments section. Stay tuned to TheTelescope for latest updates on the trending stories across the web