Check Aadhar card status by Name – Aadhar Card Online Status. The Aadhaar Card provides the unique identity to the residents of India-based on their biometric and demographic data. The person will receive Unique 12-digit Aadhaar Card identification number This remain, Your Unique Identification Authority Provided by India (UIDAI).
Check Aadhaar Card Status Online
How to apply for Aadhaar Card?
Here’s how you can apply for Aadhaar Card:
- Visit any authorized Enrollment Centre anywhere in India.
- Fill the enrollment form.
- Submit Address Proof and Identity Proof.
- Get your demographic and biometric data captured.
- Take the acknowledgment slip before leaving as it contains your enrollment number.
Note: You should enroll for Aadhaar Card only once as multiple enrollments will result in rejection.
Once you have applied for Aadhar Card, you can check Aadhaar Card Status online.
Check Aadhaar Card Status:
With increased digitalization, We Can Check Aadhar Card status online. Once You apply for an Aadhaar Card.
You will receive the Aadhaar acknowledgment slip on which they will provide you with your Aadhaar Enrollment number to track your Aadhar Card Status.
You can check Aadhaar Card Status Online on UIDAI’s official website.
Steps to check online Aadhaar Card Status:
You can check online Aadhaar Card status by following these simple steps:
Step 1: Visit the official website of UIDAI by clicking here
Step 2: Under the Aadhaar Enrollment Section, click on Check Aadhaar Status’ option. You can directly visit this option by clicking here.
Step 3: Once you have opened the webpage, enter your Aadhaar enrollment Id mentioned on your Aadhaar acknowledgment slip. Then enter the date and time of enrollment they also mention which is on the acknowledgment slip.
Step 4: After filling the above information, click on Check Status’ Button.
Step 5: If Your Aadhaar Card is generated, You will see the message on screen “Congratulations”, That Your Aadhaar is Generated. You will get an option to download your Aadhaar Card online.
Step 6: If you want to download e-Aadhaar, click on: Download Aadhaar.
Step 7: If you want to get your Aadhaar Card on your mobile, then click on the option ‘Get Aadhaar on Mobile.’
Initially, there was no system whereby a person could check Aadhar Card Status by name. However, there is now a system to check Aadhaar card status by name and download it online.
In case you forget or misplace your Enrollment number or Aadhaar number, but you want to download it online, here’s how you can do it:
- Visit https://resident.uidai.gov.in/find-uid-eid
- Under “You want to receive your lost: select the appropriate option- Aadhaar Number or Enrollment Number.
- Enter your full name
- Provide your email address.
- Enter your Registered Mobile Number.
- Enter the Security Code
- Click on ‘Get OTP’ button
- You will receive the OTP on your registered mobile number and your email address.
- Enter the OTP you receive.
- Click on Verify OTP.
- You will then receive a message mentioning your Enrollment number or the Aadhaar Number (whichever you had selected in Step 2)
- Now visit the official website of UIDAI by clicking here.
- Select either Enrollment Number or Aadhaar Card number (whichever you have) and enter the number.
- Now enter your Full Name, Mobile Number, Pin Code, and Security Code.
- Click on ‘Get OTP’
- Enter the OTP you receive on your registered mobile number or email address.
- Click on ‘Validate and Download’.
- Your Electronic Aadhaar Card is now Download‘ed in PDF form.
- You can access your Aadhaar Card by entering your Pin Code as the password.
- You can now take a print out of it.
How to Check Aadhaar Update Status via India Post?
After your Aadhaar Card is generated, UIDAI dispatches it to your address within -3 months. You can also check Aadhaar Update Status sent via India Post by following these steps:
- Visit the official website of India Post by clicking here
- Get your Consignment details from UIDAI website and enter these details on India Post’s website.
- You will get complete tracking details.
How to Update Your Aadhaar Card?
In case you want to update your Aadhaar Card, Click here.
Provide your Aadhar Card number or VID to initiate the process.
What is VID?
VID is the Virtual ID in which a 16-digit number is created using your Aadhaar Number. This Virtual ID can be used in place of your Aadhaar Number to carry out any Aadhaar related work.
Aadhaar Card Enquiry Phone Number:
You can also check Aadhar Card Status by calling at the Customer Care set up by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). It is available for 24/7. You can make inquiries about how to get an Aadhar Card and other related details. The representatives are available in several languages. The customer care number is 1800-300-1947.
Terms and Conditions related to Aadhaar Generation:
Aadhaar Card is generated only if the following terms and conditions are met:
- No Biometric or Demographic Duplicate is Found.
- The Enrollment data meets prescribed standards as laid down by UIDAI.
- The Enrollment Packet passes all the validations done by CIDR.
If any of the above terms are not met, the enrollment gets rejected and the Aadhaar is not generated.
Aadhaar is a government programme launched in 2009 by then Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh. It comes under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, India. Some time back, it was made mandatory for Indians to link Aadhaar Card with Bank account, Pan Card, etc. It is also mandatory to have an Aadhaar Card to obtain a SIM card. However, due to much criticism and data theft, Supreme Court recently gave the verdict that it is no more mandatory for opening a bank account or getting a SIM card.
As per the statistics of July 2018, there are currently 1.22 billion Aadhaar Card holders.
Here’s the list of additional services that are available to Aadhaar Number Holders:
- Virtual ID Generation.
- Aadhaar Authentication History
- Paperless Local e-KYC
- Can check the status of Aadhaar and Bank Account Linking
- To use mAadhaar
mAadhaar is the official mobile application created by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). This app helps the users to carry their demographic information with their Aadhaar number in their cellphones. The app is available on Google playstore. You can download it by clicking here.
Features of mAadhaar App:
- It provides an easy way to carry Aadhaar Number along with your demographic details. It is accessible anytime and anywhere.
- It helps in securing biometric authentication by locking biometrics data.
- You can generate TOTP (Time-based One-time password) which can be used instead of SMS based OTP.
- If you have updated your profile, you can view your updated profile on the app.
Note: To use the mAadhaar app, the registered Mobile Number is required.
We hope this article provided you with helpful information related to Aadhaar card. If you have any queries, drop a question in comment section. Bookmark this webpage to get similar informtion. Subscribe to our newsletter to get latest updates!