- Registrations started from 15th August
- It’s currently on Registration/ Invitations basis
- Jio GigaFiber promises speeds upto 1000 MBPS
- You can register for Giga Fiber through MyJio App
Reliance Jio launched its much awaited Jio Gigafiber on Aug 15. The registrations of Jio Gigafiber are now open.
Jio Gigafiber has plans for both home and for businesses which has the speed of up to 1Gbps, users have to input their home and office address for the same while registering. Mukesh Ambani lead company wants to see the interest of a sufficient number of people from a particular area to prioritize its registrations and people cannot fake it as it is OTP authenticated.
Through Jio GigaFiber users will be provided with wifi at home and office, along with access to Jio TV and unlimited voice and video calls. According to our sources, Mukesh Ambani said in one of the meetings that Jio Gigafiber will be launched in more than 1100 cities all over the country.
Jio broadband service was in the testing mode since last few years and its speed was reported as 720 Mbps and download speed as 100 Mbps per second. The broadband service will cost Rs 1000 per month for home users. Reliance is said to give tough competition to other telecommunication industries as we have seen it doing with Jio in 4G services.
How can the users register to Jio GigaFiber, here are the steps:
- Visit the official website of Jio- Link.
- Enter your address by using the ‘Change’ button or by setting the location by moving the pin on the map. After entering the address, click on the submit button. Then you need to select whether the address is for home or office.
Next page will open where you need to enter the ‘phone number and name’. This will generate an OTP for authentication.
- Enter the OTP you received on the phone and enter the type of locality (Developer, Society, Township) etc.
The last step is to ‘submit’.
- The registration is completed and this shows the user has shown interest in a particular area. There are no charges while registering.