Aadhaar card justifies the motto “Mera aadhaar, Meri Pehchaan”, an initiative towards making India Digital – “Better to be Unique than the Best”. Aadhaar, a unique, verifiable 12-digit identification number is issued by UIDAI to a resident of India for free of cost. From a newborn to a senior citizen, everyone can and should enroll for Aadhaar. Any individual, who is a resident of India, irrespective of age, gender, economic or social status, can enroll for
#AadhaarForAll. Aadhaar ecosystem comprises of core infrastructures with the objective of providing enrolment, update & authentication services. The significance of Aadhaar Card has gained over the last few years in the regime of Modi government with it being used as ID proof for government-driven schemes, banks, schools and almost everywhere. Aadhaar card was used to avail to Government subsidies, to open and operate bank accounts, file Income Tax, getting phone and gas connection to name a few.
Answers to Commonly Asked Questions on Aadhaar!
Before you go out for enrollment in Aadhaar keep the following in mind
- Aadhar enrollment is voluntary and free of cost
- Everyone from infant to elderly can enroll for Aadhaar
- If a family member does not have individual valid documents, the resident can still enroll if his/her name exists in the family entitlement document
- Aadhaar is for everyone. The Aadhaar enrolment policy has provisions for people who have missing fingers/ hand, no/ faded fingerprints, vision impairment etc. Special provisions have been made for differently-abled people in the biometric standards
- There is no age limit for Aadhaar. Even the elderly can get Aadhaar
- If you lost your Aadhaar, there is no need to re-enroll. If you have Aadhaar registered mobile number, you can retrieve easily
- If you lost your Enrolment ID (EID) after enrolling for Aadhaar, you can retrieve it by calling 1947.
- You can call 1947 to know the status of your Aadhaar Enrolment. Keep your enrolment slip handy as you would be asked to enter your EID (Including date & time stamp).
- Address validation letter feature can be used by those who do not have proof of address in case of Online address update in Aadhaar
- If you have changed your city or your house, you can change your address in Aadhaar, online. You have to upload proof of address. Keep your Aadhaar updated!
- To update your Name in Aadhaar Card after Marriage or to correct any spelling mistake in the name, visit your nearest Aadhaar Kendra
- When you visit Aadhaar Kendra for any update, carefully check the spellings in both English and Local Language before the operator submits your data. This helps in avoiding errors and rejection in Enrolment/Update.
- Aadhaar card is valid for a lifetime
- You can update your address in Aadhaar anywhere-anytime, online. For online address update, the mobile number must be registered with Aadhaar.
#mAadhaar and carry your Aadhaar in your Smartphone
- If you are having a problem in receiving OTP on your registered mobile number, you can use T-OTP (Time based OTP) generated on the mAadhaar app in place of OTP
- As per the recent orders from the Supreme Court, Aadhaar Card is not to be considered a mandatory document for student admission
- You can request for a Reprint of your Aadhaar Card if you have not received Aadhaar letter after enrolment. It will take 5 days to reach you after the request via speed Post
- If you have lost the original copy of Aadhaar Card, a reprint can be ordered online using feature ‘Order Aadhaar Reprint’ from the official website. It is in a pilot mode as of now
Let us dig deeper into “Simple Steps to Enrol for Aadhaar Card? What is the Eligibility, Documents needed, Enrollment Procedure and Minor Aadhaar” in detail
What are the documents to get Aadhaar Card?
- For Proof of Address, you can submit any of the documents Passport/Ration/PDS card /Voter identification card/Driving Licence
- For Proof of Identity, you can attach any of the proof – PAN Card/Birth Certificate
What is the Eligibility Condition to get Aadhaar Card?
- A resident of India
- A newborn child can also get aadhaar card
- Baal Adhaar Card is issued to a minor child
- Update your child’s biometrics on attaining 5 and 15 years
- Foreigners staying in India for more than 12 months are eligible for Aadha Card Number
How to Enrol for Aadhaar Card in simple steps?
- Check out for the nearest Aadhar enrolment center. It can be your nearest bank or a post office. For more details, you can cross-check on the official website of UIDAI or call helpline number 1947.
- On your visit, fill in the Aadhaar Enrollment form with personal details asked. You can also download from the link given and take a print out. aadhaar_enrolment_correction_form_version_2.1
- Fill the form with your demographic details
- Submit the Aadhaar Enrollment form with required documents – Proof Of Address and Proof of Identity
- At the center provide your biometrics (Fingerprint & Iris scan)
- Collect the enrollment acknowledgment slip from center
- Physical Aadhaar card will be dispatched at your registered house or you can download from the official site
How to Enrol for New Born/Minor Aadhaar Card in simple steps?
Adhar card issued to a newborn or minor is known as a ‘Baal Aadhar’ card which is blue in color. For age less than 5 years, biometric information like fingerprints and iris scan is not captured. But once a child attains 5 years, the biometric scanning is mandatory for an update to Aadhaar Card.
- Before you visit the nearest Aadhaar Card enrolment center, keep handy the child’s birth certificate, aadhaar card of at least one of the child’s parent
- Visit the nearest Aadhar enrolment center carrying proofs
- Fill all the relevant details in Baal Aadhar application form along with a mobile number
- No biometrics will be captured for the child less than 5 years
- Photograph of the child will be taken only
- Collect the acknowledgment slip after submitting the filled form.
- Verification OTP will be sent on the registered mobile number
- Baal Aadhar will be dispatched at the registered address
- If the age of your child is more than 5 years, take your child to any Aadhaar Kendra for a mandatory biometric update. This update is free.
- Update your child’s biometrics on attaining 5 and 15 years
|1||Aadhaar Customer Care Number – Toll-Free|
(13 regional languages – Hindi, English, Telugu, Kannada, Tamil, Malayalam, Punjabi, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Bengali, Assamese and Urdu)
7 am – 11 pm (Mon to Saturday)
8 am – 5 pm (Sunday)
|2||Email ID||[email protected]|
|3||Official Email ID of Aadhaar||https://uidai.gov.in/|
UIDAI Head Office
Unique Identification Authority of India
Government of India (GoI)
Bangla Sahib Road, Behind Kali Mandir, Gole Market,
New Delhi – 110001
Related Posts on Aadhar Card
- Aadhaar-driving license linking mandatory
- How to verify the Aadhaar card online?
- Check Aadhaar Card Status Online
- UIDAI to bring new service for Aadhaar Address update
- How to link Aadhar Card with Mobile Number?
- How to Link Mobile Number with Aadhar for the first time and make corrections?
- How to do Aadhar Card update?
- How to Check Aadhar Card Status by Name?
- Aadhar self-service update portal mobile
- Aadhar Card download with Aadhar Number online from uidai.gov.in