Life Corporation of India (LIC) is one of India’s largest Insurance Company established in the year 1956. It has various departments with many workers contributing to its growth leading to the development of the economy. It has a very important role to play in the nation-building process. LIC has announced 8581 vacancies of Apprentices Development Officers(ADO) in the jurisdiction of various divisional officers on 20th May 2019. These applications are invited from Indian skilled and well-qualified candidates for filling up 8581 vacancies all over India in various disciplines.
Role of ADO (Apprentices Development Officers)
This is an interesting role within LIC where the primary function of ADO is to recruit agents and provide business to a branch office. Once qualified for the role ADO will be posted as PDO and upon achievement of the target the candidate qualify for the post of DO ( Development Officer). Find below breakup of vacancies area wise
|Zonal Office||Number of Vacancies for post ADO|
|Northern Zonal Office, New Delhi||1130|
|Southern Zonal Office, Chennai||1257|
|Eastern Zonal Office, Kolkata||922|
|Western Zonal Office, Mumbai||1753|
|Central Zonal Office, Bhopal||525|
|East Central Zonal Office, Patna||701|
|North Central Zonal Office, Kanpur||1042|
|South Central Zonal Office, Hyderabad||1251|
|Total Number of Vacancies||8581|
Important Dates to remember
- Start Date for filling Online Application for ADO post – 20th May 2019
- Last Date for filling Online Application – 9th June 2019
- Last date for printing your application – 24th June 2019
- Online Fee Payment – 20th May 2019 to 9th June 2019
- Date to download Admit Card – 29th June 2019
- Examination date – 6th July 2019 and 13th July 2019
Eligibility Criteria of ADO (Apprentices Development Officers)
- Candidate should be a citizen of India
- Minimum Qualification – Bachelor Degree from recognized university or institution
Age Criteria – To apply one must be between 21 -30 years of age as on 01-05-2019. Age relaxation as per government rules
LIC will offer salary in the band of Rs 21865/- to Rs 55075/- per month to the successful candidates.
The candidates will be selected through an online exam followed by an interview. Candidates have to undergo a thorough pre-recruitment medical examination also.
Before Application Registration, candidates should scan their :
– photograph (4.5cm × 3.5cm)
– signature (with black ink)
– left thumb impression (on white paper with black or blue ink)
– a handwritten declaration (on a white paper with black ink) (text is given below) ensuring that all these scanned documents adhere to the required specifications
“I, _______ (Name of the candidate), hereby declare that all the information submitted by me in the application form is correct, true and valid. I will present the supporting documents as and when required.”
- Keep the necessary details/documents ready to make Online Payment of the requisite application fee/ intimation charges
- Have a valid personal email ID and mobile no., which should be kept active till the completion of Recruitment Process
- Those interested and who meet criteria for the position of ADO should log in the official website of LIC. Under the heading “Careers” to open the link “ON-LINE APPLICATION FOR LIC ADO’s RECRUITMENT EXAM 2018-19”. It redirects the candidates to the online registration page.
- To register application, choose the tab “Click here for New Registration” and enter Name, Contact details, and Email-id. A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional Registration Number and Password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent.
- Read notification and instructions before applying
- Candidates are advised to carefully fill and verify the details before hitting the “Submit” button
- Click on ‘Payment’ Tab and proceed for payment
- The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets.
- Take a print out of your application and keep it with you for your reference and records
Candidates from General and OBC Categories will need to pay Rs 600 as application fee. SC/ST/PWD categories candidates will have to pay Rs 50 for the same.
So if you love the challenges of Sales and Marketing this job is for you and you must apply for this job. Thetelescope team wishes all the candidates All the best in exams!