Paneer Nutritional Facts
Paneer or cottage cheese is a very popular food in India. Nutritional value of Paneer is very high and it can be cooked in various ways to churn out mouth-watering dishes that are sure to leave you asking for more. It is often eaten as a substitute for meat by people who prefer vegetarian food. Paneer can be cooked as the main ingredient in a dish or it can be cooked with other vegetables which not only add to the taste but to the paneer nutrition value of your diet as well. Many health experts suggest eating Paneer raw to enjoy the full benefits of this delicious milk derivative.
Paneer Nutrition Facts
Paneer is made of milk; hence it carries the goodness of milk with it. The content of carbs in Paneer is relatively low but it does contain fats and some minerals as well. However, the content of fat in the Paneer will depend on the fat content of the type of milk that it is made from.
Typically paneer made from cow’s milk has following “Paneer Nutrition Facts 100gm”
• 1.2gm carbohydrates
• 18.3gm of proteins
• 20.8gm of fats
• 2.6gm of minerals
• 208mg of Calcium
• 138mg of Phosphorus
• 256kcal of energy
Health benefits of Paneer and Nutritional Value of Paneer
1. Being a rich source of protein, Paneer helps in muscle building and de-stressing. It is a great way to replace animal protein in the diet.
2. Paneer is a good source of Calcium and hence helps in maintaining good bone health and teeth.
3. Paneer is a rich source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids which are known to fight and prevent rheumatoid arthritis and other bone-related problems.
4. Is Paneer Good for Diabetes: Due to the low content of carbs in Paneer, its consumption is safe for people suffering from diabetes. It has a low glycemic index which also helps in regulating blood sugar.
5. What are benefits of Cottage Cheese for Weight Loss – Paneer is a great way to lose weight. It is rich in protein which takes longer to digest leaving you feeling full for a longer duration. It also contains linoleic acid which is known to improve metabolism and burn out fat much faster.
6. Paneer Nutrition Facts suggest that it is rich in dietary fibers that help to improve metabolism and prevent constipation. Presence of dietary fiber also helps in removing excess cholesterol from the body as well, thus improving heart health
7. The omega-3 fatty acid is known to control the lipid profile. The presence of potassium in Paneer also helps to reduce the stress on the heart by lowering blood pressure and contraction of blood vessels thereby reducing the risk of heart attacks.
8. Paneer is rich in B-complex which is a group of vitamins that are essential for the proper functioning of the body.
9. There is a great need for calcium, vitamins, fats, proteins, and minerals during pregnancy to help in fetal development. The inclusion of Paneer in the diet helps to meet the nutritional requirement during this crucial stage.
10. Paneer Benefits for Skin: Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, vitamin B and proteins present in Paneer are all required for healthy hair and glowing skin.
Paneer Nutritional Facts – Paneer Side Effects
Is Paneer Good for Cholesterol: It has a relatively high content of fat and cholesterol and may not be a good choice for those suffering from hypertension. If Paneer happens to be the only source of protein in your diet then it is always preferred to move to Paneer that is made from skimmed, toned or low-fat milk. The milk type used to make the Paneer is usually written on the pack. Low-fat varieties of Paneer are also available in the market.
Is Paneer Good for Lactose Intolerant: Paneer contains about 2.4% lactose which cannot be extracted as it adds to the texture and taste. The presence of lactose though adds to the paneer nutrition value, but it can become a hindrance to people who are lactose intolerant. However, paneer can still be taken in small amounts if you are not extremely intolerant to lactose.
Now you know about the multiple Paneer nutrition facts and the various health benefits. So the next time you are biting into a juicy piece of Paneer just know that you are improving your health with each bite.