Mahindra has launched the XUV 300 in India and it shares its design and styling cues with the XUV 500. The XUV 300 is 3990 mm long, 1820 mm wide and 1620 mm tall. Its wheelbase is measured at 2620 mm which gives it the largest footprint in the segment The XUV 300 has a ground clearance of 180 millimeters which is more than enough for the car. The design of the new XUV 300 is edgy and stylish. We like the way the front end looks. The slim grille is accentuated by the LED projector headlamps. The Mahindra XUV300 will get a 1.2-liter petrol and a 1.5-liter diesel engine. MAHINDRA XUV 300 will come in the market with two engine options. The 1.5 liter diesel engine will be provided in SUV XUV 300. These engines will come with 6-speed manual gearbox generating 117 horsepower power. The car will also have a 110-horsepower generating 1.2-liter turbo petrol engine.
The XUV 300 comes with many segment first features such as dual-zone climate control, front parking sensors and 7 airbags. It will be available in 4 variants – W4, W6, W8 and W8 Optional. Mahindra also claims that both petrol and diesel engines will deliver best in class torque of 200 Nm and 300 Nm respectively, which is indeed appreciable for its segment. XUV 300 as it is a Mahindra product so it will have a lot of features.
Top features of XUV300:
- Large DRLs:- Mahindra has given a completely new design theme for the XUV 300 as it doesn’t take any design cues from Tivoli. One of the unique parts of the design os large LED DRLs as most of the cars come with them integrated into the headlight, which is normal and the XUV 300 also get but it extends towards the fog lamps as it gives a unique look for the compact SUV.
- Sunroof:- In recent times one of the most popular features among Indians is Sunroof even though our climate and road conditions are not suitable for it. The XUV 300 comes with sunroof in the top end model whereas EcoSport is the only other model to offer this in the same segment.
- Dual Zone Auto AC:- Climate Control is available in most of the modern cars but the XUV 300 comes with segment first dual-zone climate control as both driver and co-passenger can set different temperature, this feature is mostly available only in expensive cars as it will become more popular among customers for sure and we could expect this in other Mahindra models also.
- 17-inch wheels with all 4 disc brakes:- The top-end model of XUV 300 comes with 17-inch machine cut alloy wheels while the lower-spec model offers 16-inch- wheels. The compact SUV also offer four-disc brakes and it is a segment-first-feature also as it will definitely improve braking performance. Mahindra XUV 300 also gets ABS with EBD braking system also.
Mahindra XUV 300 price in India
The price of Mahindra XUV 300 starts at Rs 9.04 and goes all the way up to Rs 14.24 lakh.
Seating Capacity in Mahindra XUV 300
Coming back to the seating capacity of the Mahindra XUV 300, it can seat five passengers with ease and comfort; thanks to its long wheelbase. In fact, at 2.6 meters, the Mahindra XUV 300 has the longest wheelbase in its class, while still remaining under four meters in overall length. The XUV 300 was recently spotted without any camouflage and those images give an idea about its seating capacity.
The new Mahindra XUV 300 is based on the SsangYong Tivoli five-seater SUV sold in global markets, but re-engineered keeping the Indian market in mind. The design is claimed to be ‘Cheetah-inspired’ like the XUV 500.
Mahindra XUV 300 Launched Date
The all-new 2019 Mahindra XUV300 was launched in India in 14 February 2019 . The new XUV300 is the newest sub-compact SUV in the segment and will go up against the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Ford EcoSport and the Tata Nexon. The XUV300 gets four variants each for petrol and diesel which are W4, W6 W8 and W8 (O). Carandbike has already driven the MahindraXUV300 in Goa earlier in February 2019, where we were impressed by the overall quality along with the performance, which is par for the course in its segment. The XUV300 is based on the SsangYong Tivoli platform but has been shortened in order to fit in the sub 4-metre bracket. It is still the widest and has the longest wheelbase in the subcompact SUV segment.
Mahindra XUV 300 on-Road Price
Lets talk about the on-road prices of Mahindra XUV300. Well, in spite of GST, on-road prices is different in different Indian cities / states / UTs. For eg, in Pondicherry, on road prices start from Rs 8.36 lakhs, while in Bangalore on-road prices start from Rs 9.6 lakhs. The road price is vary with the cities in India, with respective on road prices of Mahindra XUV300 petrol and diesel variants.There is no fixed road price of Mahindra XUV 300.
Mahindra XUV Interior Photos
It had seen in the teasers the interior of the XUV300 is finished in black and beige and the quality of plastic used looks upmarket like the Mahindra Marazzo’s. However, the XUV300 doesn’t have any soft-touch on the upholstery, be it the dash or doors. The design of the cabin is almost identical to the SsangYong Tivoli on which it is based. The design of the dash looks clean with just two character lines atop and the touchscreen unit traditionally taking the center stage. There are a bunch of switches and knobs too on the lower section of the central console, primarily for the climate control and driver-aid features such as ESP and Hill Descent Control.
Mahindra XUV Photos that were leaked online confirmed the following things:
Top features of XUV300:
- Touch screen Infotainment
- LED DRLs
- Driver Side Armrest with storage
- Audio systems with 4 speakers for the diesel variant
- Electric adjustable ORVMs
- Electric tailgate release
- Gear shift indicator